Sunday 30 May 2010

Bank Holiday Sunday

Good evening, Had a leisurely day. Went to Sainsbury's for the weekly shopping. Whenever I put the groceries away, I am reminded of our dog, Percy, a wire-hair Daschund. (I usually spell that wrongly.) Percy loved helping put things away, usually down his throat. He was a total pest, but dearly loved and sadly missed. If I am ever clever enough, I will put his photo on the blog. A day rarely passes that someone doesn't bring up the subject of Percy. The day after he was put to sleep, we ran away to London as we couldn't imagine living in the house without him. Of course, we had to come home eventually to a Percy-less house that took an awful lot of getting used to. He was cremated and we put his ashes in the garden and planted a tree. It is a Percy tree and has the most glorious leaves. They are as big as plates and turn from pure gold to a beautiful rust colour in the Autumn. I dedicated a book, The Hen Party, to him. Tomorrow is going to be a tidying-cleaning-catching up on the ironing, changing the bedding day. Or so I say now. Tomorrow I might feel very differently. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment